September 24, 2007

The Return of the Academic Monster

If only getting a Master's degree (or any degree for that matter) were as easy as it always seemed to be in the Berenstain Bears books.

Today begins my third year of graduate school. A year from now I will hopefully be starting up my very last quarter, mentally preparing to graduate. I really don't have a lot left to do. I have completed the majority of my coursework. All I need is an elective or two, one quarter of a foreign language, a creative writing class, my internship, and my thesis. It's really not that much, yet I keep dragging my feet. I'm just not really excited about school anymore.

I think I'm tired of the student role. I absolutely love learning, but being a student means that I am constantly in a state of transition. It also means that we're broke a lot of the time, since Roy's a student as well. I can only hope that we can both find jobs after graduation that will actually pay enough.

So, I might be blogging less. I'm not really sure right now. I only have 1 class this quarter - a poetry seminar. Hopefully it'll be interesting and will draw me back in to the academic world so I can do well these last 4 quarters. After how hard I've worked, it would be a shame to lose my hard-earned GPA just because of burnout.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't burn out! The foreign language and creative writing will be fun!

The thesis...well, I can't paint a rosy picture for ya on that one. ;)

Anonymous said...

You are doing great. The student thing gets tedious especially when you haven't had a break, but it'll be over soon and you'll miss it. Trust me on this one. Wanna do something this weekend? Cerby says, "Aw, hell no. What up dog?" adnama

Anonymous said...

You are going to do awesome this semester!! It'll be over soon!!

Good luck!!! =)

Anonymous said...

good luck, homie.

PS-I love the Bearstein Bears!

Anonymous said...

I'm totally feelin ya. Hang in there. You've come too far to quit now.