January 24, 2008

Girl's Night In

Ahhhh, alone time. I have been really craving it lately and have been taking advantage of it whenever I can. Tonight I was supposed to go to a creative writing club meeting on campus. But as the day wore on and I grew progressively more tired and it became more rainy outside, I knew that I just had to go home and flop down on the couch.

And so I did. Roy went to his Aikido class, so I changed into comfy clothes, curled up on the couch under a huge blanket, ate chips and salsa, and watched The Devil Wears Prada.

Thursday is the new Friday, as I am almost always exhausted by Thursday evening. It's been a simple night, but much needed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that sounds fabulous.

Anonymous said...

i love nights like that. good for you for taking some "you" time.

Anonymous said...

Back in college Thursday was always Friday. I don't see why that tradition can't continue on. Sounds like a great night all around.

Anonymous said...

I love time alone inside the house without the hubs, especially when it's raining and gloomy outside. Glad you had time to relax.

Anonymous said...

Where does Roy do Aikido at? I did it for 2 quarters at UCR, so much fun, I would love to do martial arts again.