July 19, 2008

We're home!

We made it back from Minneapolis a little after noon today. We had a really wonderful time, and I was definitely sad to see all the smog and general brown color once we got back. One thing this trip reminded me of is the very strong need I have to get the hell out of this area as soon as we can. Life's too short to spend your time in an oppressive place.

When we got home, we were greeted by four things:

1) our stimulus check
2) Roy's Master's degree/diploma (whatever the actual sheet of paper is called)
3) a broken coat rack (that belonged to my grandmother)
4) Roy's broken computer (that was fine when we left)

Life is always an adventure, it seems. Speaking of, I have about 800 pictures to sort through, and I'll be posting recaps of our trip this coming week. I might even have it in me to pound out an entry tonight.

Thanks (so much) to all of you for your kind words, congratulations, and well wishes for our anniversary. In addition to all the comments I got on here, I also got text messages, cards, phone calls, emails, e-cards, etc. We were definitely feeling the love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had fun! Can't wait to see pictures.

Anonymous said...

welcome back!

i was surprised when first moving from the IE to the westside how much better the air is even on the westside (not that it's less oppressive due to other factors).