I am 27 weeks pregnant today. I'm officially in the third trimester now. To celebrate, I have two belly pics to share! What could be better?
This one was taken yesterday at work, a split second before someone walked in on me:
And this one was taken today:
I much prefer yesterday's, as I actually look cute. I usually look like death warmed over by the time Friday night rolls around.
Anyway, it's only the beginning of the third trimester, and I'm already having some issues. One of them is acid reflux. I've been dealing with this for several weeks now. It wasn't too bad, but it's getting worse.
My doctor called me this week and told me that I am anemic (mildly). And I'm on iron supplements now, which seem to be irritating the reflux. However, I'm very grateful that I haven't had to bust out the stool softener yet.
I also am back to peeing all the time like I did during the first trimester.
My bellybutton, which I have always quite loved, looks a bit strange right now. It get shallower all the time. This week I noticed it was actually a bit swollen in one area. I'm not sure what's up with that. I have a sinking feeling that it's going to pop out sometime soon. For some reason that makes me incredibly sad.
And my back hurts, in the exact same spot that it was hurting just a few short weeks ago. Remember the giant hickies? Normally a treatment like that would keep the knots away for a long while. But not during pregnancy, apparently.
Other than that, I feel good. I still have a nice amount of energy, I'm not too huge, and I am getting a decent amount of sleep every night. Oh, and my skin looks awesome. Truthfully, all those annoyances listed above are pretty minor - except the back pain; that can be intense at times.
Other random baby stuff:
1) Roy and I are starting on two new adventures next week: childbirth classes and pediatrician interviews.
2) We got our first set of cloth diapers in the mail; they are so cute. I am hugely excited about cloth diapering. I literally get giddy thinking about it.
3) I officially saw my belly looking lopsided the other night. That was very cool, just more proof that there is a little person inside of me.
4) We received the invitation to our co-ed shower in the mail! (Yes, we got invited to our own shower.)
5) I've started collecting books that I loved as a child (for Charlie). It makes me feel old to know that they're considered "vintage" now. Did anyone else out there read the Sweet Pickles series?
6) And I am beginning to formulate a plan for work and school after Charlie is born. This is major. It's actually a workable plan. I am amazed at how simple it is, considering I have been stewing and stressing over this since the beginning of my pregnancy. I don't want to talk about it too much on here, but let's just say that I feel good about this and am hoping it all works out.
And that's all I've got for this week. It was actually a great week for me. I seem to have momentarily broken free from the emo cloud that was hovering over me - once again life feels very, very possible.