April 18, 2010

Sunday Night Randomness

Hi! I haven't been here at all. As much as I enjoy blogging, it really seems to just not be on my radar these days. I'm going with it and blogging when I feel like it.

Our trip last weekend was really good. This past week was good. Tonight we went to family dinner, and for the first time in a very long time, probably since Charlie was born, I didn't feel anxiety-ridden. Major, major improvement there, as a huge feature of my depression has been my crippling anxiety in all kinds of situations that I never felt anxious during before. It felt good to really let go and not be so guarded. I laughed a lot. It felt so good to laugh again. (Not that I stopped completely. But there have been a lot of furrowed brows.)

I have so many pictures to share, but my hard drive on my laptop is pretty full. I'm going to have to do some sorting and editing and burning to disc in order to upload my current pictures.

I've gotten pretty sick of Facebook being an outlet for other people's intolerance and hate. I've even started speaking up. Of course, that does no good. So I've started making good use of the "hide" feature. It's like all the intolerant people of the world just disappear. I like it.

Roy and I have been unplugging from the internet every night since our trip. We went that entire weekend without internet access, and it was truly lovely. I feel a lot calmer than I did before. As much as I love the internet and all it has to offer, it makes me a little crazy.

It's mid-April. Where oh where does the time go?

I'm hoping that next week is a good one. I seem to have good weeks followed by bad ones, but I'm hoping the pattern changes.

I hope you're all doing well tonight and that the upcoming week is good to you.

2 comments:

amber said...

I'm so happy to hear you guys had such a great weekend away. Did you have a chance to stop at Linn's? I hope that this weekend continues the upbeat vibe. {{hugs}}

Nanette said...

I'm also sick of FB as an outlet for intolerance -- mostly from the small-minded haters I went to school with in my hometown. I've learned that you can never really change anyone's mind about their beliefs, so the hide feature is a great friend of mine.