August 31, 2007

Yes, there are good people in the world.

Have you ever had the experience of just looking at someone and knowing he/she is a good person?

I had that experience today. Myra and I went to the craptastic Baker's for lunch since I forgot my lunch. There was a nice middle-aged Hispanic man working in the dining room. He accidentally picked up my tray too soon. I wasn't done eating my fries. I asked for my tray back so I could finish and then realized that my tray was on the bottom of Myra's tray. I didn't want to eat the fries after knowing they'd touched the bottom of another tray. So he brought me out another order of fries. I didn't ask for them and didn't even want them (but I ate them anyway, of course).

I just thought it was a nice gesture on his part. Myra tried to tip him but he wouldn't accept the tip. He said our smiles were enough. And truthfully, he was probably being honest about that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's funny how much the little things mean. What a nice guy.

And, as craptastic as it is, I heart Baker's. Where else can I have tacos and hamburgers in one sitting?

Anonymous said...

I love randomn acts of kindness.