December 7, 2007

Blocked

I should be doing the happy dance because it's quittin' time on Friday afternoon. Instead, I am completely dreading going home because I know I have to finish my final paper of the quarter. It was actually due on Wednesday, but my professor offered us all extensions if we wanted one. I took her up on it, and now my paper is due at high noon tomorrow.

I feel completely unmotivated to finish it. So far I have about 4 pages, and it really needs to be about 10 pages. 10 pages is not a lot, especially as far as grad school papers go, but yet I feel completely blocked. I've had 1 surge of inspiration this afternoon, and now I'm back to feeling blah.

I am so incredibly burned out at this point that I have begun to wonder if I will be able to hold it together long enough to actually finish my coursework and thesis. I am feeling very discouraged right now, because I know that I can write a kick ass paper. I've done it before - why isn't it happening for me now?

Hopefully my next post will be much less whiny and much more interesting.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do it!

Think of it as one page/hour, plus a little editing time, and you're good to go... And get a full night's sleep. GL!

Anonymous said...

I hate this feeling. I've been there before, but ditto Claire. You can do it!

Anonymous said...

another person who has faith in you. ;)

Anonymous said...

I know you can do it!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, I know now that you did it, but really I had no doubts. :)

~The Worm

Anonymous said...

i really hated writing papers in school. hope you were able to pull out something great! :D