December 12, 2007

What's Cookin'?

I was tagged for this meme last week by WeeMo and am just now getting around to it. Thanks for the tag, yo!

(1) What were you cooking/baking 10 years ago?
I was cooking nasty ass fast food at Country Express. I didn't actually cook at home. Besides, I was still living with my mom 10 years ago.

(2) What were you cooking/baking one year ago?
Really boring stuff. Meat, a side, a salad. I actually enjoy baking quite a bit, but cooking - meh, not so much. Roy and I usually take turns cooking.

(3) The snack you enjoy the most:
I go through stages. Sometimes it's Chex Mix, sometimes it's cheese and crackers, sometimes it's pineapple.

(4) A culinary luxury you would indulge in if you were a millionaire:
I would hire a cook. Because seriously, cooking blows.

(5) What do you bake the most?
Muffins, brownies, or cupcakes.

(6) Five recipes you know by heart:
None, really. I cook really simple stuff that doesn't require a recipe.

(7) One thing you cannot/will not eat:
I am not an adventurous eater. I have many food phobias. Some of the things I will not eat are tomatoes (too slippery), avocadoes (pretty color, but too slimy), garbanzo beans (they look like little butts to me), kidney beans (freaky color and size), mushrooms (just yuck), and creamed corn (because it resembles vomit).

(8) Favorite culinary toy:
Our George Foreman grill. I would be lost without it.

(9) A must on your "last meal" menu:
Even though I don't eat red meat anymore, I'd like a bacon cheeseburger, some of my mom's homemade stew, some of my mom's mashed potatoes, chocolate cake, and a Dr. Pepper. Oh, and some candy.

(10) Happy food memories:
What first comes to mind is getting into food fights at Country Express with my co-worker and then best friend Iliana. I remember squirting ketchup all over her once. We were so young and just had the best time. Funny thing, I would still have a blast doing that.

I also have quite a few happy food memories from my 6 years at Chili's. One time my co-worker Scott opened up the dessert fridge, grabbed a metal container out of it, and proceeded to spill grated cheese all over his face. It was so hilarious, but it might be one of those things where you just had to be there.

All of my happy food memories involve my food service years, it seems. Those were much simpler times, for sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also do not like avocado and mushrooms!

We had a mushroom-free wedding and maintain a mushroom-free household.

Thanks for playing! :)

Anonymous said...

fun! i still have to do mine too :)