January 14, 2011

this moment

{this moment} - A Friday ritual. A single photo - no words - capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor and remember.

(inspired by soulemama)




This is Charlie at 19 months old. Taken last weekend by my friend Christine on our back patio. It's the perfect portrait of Charlie as he is right now, so much a little boy, a baby no longer (but still, always my baby). He loves stealing other people's water bottles, and I simply love his hair. His outfit, which I also love: a Paul Frank T-shirt that he wore to his first birthday party, a pair of blue jeans that we acquired from who knows where, a sweater that was part of our huge Craigslist score, Stride Rite shoes given to us by one of our neighbors, and socks that Charlie undoubtedly used as puppets earlier that day. The water bottle, needless to say, does not belong to him, but try telling him that.

No comments: