May 23, 2008

Double Exposure #4

Today's Double Exposure post is going to be a little different. While there's a plethora of good photography out there just waiting to be showcased here, I want to instead turn your attention to two blogs I love. I'm picking these blogs because today they've made me feel better.

itty bitty kitty committee is a blog about foster kittens. What's not to love about kittens?



I love that these women take in these baby kittens until they can find them good homes. I would love to foster animals someday as well.

The second blog is not nearly as light, but it's just as necessary. It's called Dear God. Here's a post that really resonated with me - it's from Trent in Los Angeles:

Dear God,

I am really worried about the current state of the world. People are working way too hard; almost no one I know enjoys life even though they are touted as "accomplished." There are still so many injustices; gay people are thrust into deviant acts out of passive rebellion to established authorities and women are still second class citizens in many societies. Body image controls the media and chips at so many people. What ever happened to those thoughts and feelings of purity when we were young? Do those ever return? Please God, bring back that sense of innocence and freedom. We’re all dying here. Bring back honesty, love, and care to the world. Please.


I am not a religious person by any means, but this blog touches me deeply. We all need something to believe in, whether it's some manifestation of a god or just ourselves. And in my opinion, it's not to whom these letters are being written that really matters; it's the fact that they are being written at all.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

KITTENS!!!

I swear, they make everything better.

Anonymous said...

I'm not the biggest kitty fan but that one is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Love the both blogs but I'm stoked about the Dear God one. All over that one for sure.