May 30, 2008

Double Exposure #5

Howdy and happy Friday! Today I'm going to bypass the photography again and talk about a couple of other blogs I like to visit.

First up: Indexed. This blog is awesome. It cracks me up. Here's why:







Hilarious, yes? I definitely think so.

All righty, the next blog that I must tell you about this week is The Dairi Burger. The writer of this blog re-explores young girls' favorites such as Sweet Valley High and Baby-Sitter's Club. It is yet another die-laughing blog (written in the same satirical vein as BSC Headquarters) that you (yes, you) must visit.

Perhaps the best part of this blog is that she sometimes makes LOLcat-type captions for book covers. Check it out:



Because of this blog, I've started stocking up on Sweet Valley High and Christopher Pike books for summer reading. Let's face it: I can't be bothered to read anything difficult for fun this summer. It's just not going to happen.

Oh, and my teaching today went totally fabulously. I also turned in my proposal. For the time being, all is right with the world. I hopefully will have some time to blog about the experience this weekend. It really had a wonderfully positive effect on me. Thanks for believing in me, interpeeps.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blogs. I haven't heard about Sweet Valley High or Chirstopher Pike in years! Glad the teacher went well and that you turned in your stuff. The world is right for today

Anonymous said...

love indexed.

glad your teaching went well and the proposal is IN!

Anonymous said...

Glad everything went well yesterday!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Sweet Valley High! I used to love those books! What a flashback.

Anonymous said...

Yes those are funny. And I'm not even femme! A girlyman, maybe.