August 29, 2009

30 Days of Happiness, Day 6: Rockstar Husband, Rockstar Friends

I knew I'd reached the limit on sleep deprivation around 11 AM today when I felt like I was going to die, seriously. You can tell in this picture that I am tired as hell. And don't even get me started on my hair. Ugh.



I did manage to get this snap of Charlie yawning. So cute.



Roy heard my pleas for an uninterrupted nap and took charge of Charlie for a couple of hours. He even took phone calls for work while holding Charlie.



Meanwhile, I turned up the white noise, put a sign on our front door ("please do not ring the doorbell"), and closed myself into the bedroom. It wasn't the most restful nap I'd ever had, as I think I am so conditioned at this point to wake up all the time. But it was something. (Thank you, rockstar husband!)

I felt a lot better when I woke up. Charlie and I got ready for a night out on the town. I actually fixed my hair and put on a little more makeup than normal. Charlie rocked his guitar onesie.





That is, Charlie rocked his guitar onesie until we had him in his carseat all set to go and then we heard the unmistakable sounds of Charlie taking a huge vile dump. Some of that huge vile dump got on his onesie while I was disposing of said huge vile dump, so I had to change his outfit. Bummer.

Charlie and I met my three homies for dinner. It was awesome to see them - we don't get to meet up nearly enough. Charlie did really great, thanks to baby whisperers Angelina and Melinda.





I offered him to Kim, but she's afraid of babies. Good thing she's expecting two of them in February! (!!!!!!!1!!!)

It was a good time. Lots of shit-talking. I miss the daily shit-talking. I used to email these girls all day long while I was at work; they seriously got me through each day. Sometimes I want to go back to work, but only so I can email them all day. Otherwise, work totally blows.

All in all, today I got a nap and a dinner with some of my awesome homies - and then a bonus visit from Mandy and Paul once I got home. I'm oh-so-grateful to have cool people in my life. Thank you, rockstar people! You make my life a happy one.

4 comments:

Angie Eats Peace said...

Glad you were able to get some rest, and glad we were all finally able to hang out, that was long overdue.

phairhead said...

everyday is different when you have a baby. i'm so pleased for you that finding that balance of super mom and woman about town

thanks again for yr kinds words about my recent post. i've decided to redirect my energies into something more positive

kim said...

It was so good to see you, and meet Charlie. He's so damn cute. And I had a good laugh over what you wrote about me. :)

amber said...

Love that guitar onesie on Mr. Charlie - so cute! I'm also diggin' his socks. ;)