May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

I couldn't think of a clever title for this post.

Roy had a four-day weekend - just what we all needed. Weekend highlights include:

-having an ultrasound
-watching a water birth live on the internet
-complete silence from the house next door for the past two days
-working on the house (lots of babyproofing)
-a new top tooth coming in for Charlie
-a three hour nap for me
-a trip to the farmer's market - it was so windy Charlie's stroller almost blew over!
-an eyebrow wax for me
-lots and lots of photo editing
-signing up for childbirth classes
-finishing up birthday present shopping for Charlie

I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of anything else, except today we went to Becki's house for a little get together. Charlie went swimming for the first time. He loved the water, as I suspected he would, even though it was cold as balls. But he was all manly and handled it.



He also ate a lot of watermelon...



...and crawled around with the most adorable scowl on his face.



I can't believe May is over. It was definitely the best month of this year so far. I know June will be awesome, though, because we've got birthdays to celebrate and parties to throw and lots of summer fun to have. Oh, and my mom is flying in next weekend and will be here for ten days. I'm so excited! I've been kinda sorta begging Roy to consider moving to Texas so we can be close to my family. (I never thought I'd be doing that.) But for the time being, I'll settle for a nice long visit from my mom. Looks like my birthday wish is coming true.

(Charlie's pretty excited to get some grandma time after six months of not seeing her at all!)



This week's agenda: lots of party planning and lots of writing... still working on that incredibly long post.

1 comment:

amber said...

Sounds like you had a pretty fabulous 4 day weekend, too! :) Charlie was obviously way more manly than me in the chilly water - I got in up to my hips and tapped out. Hehehe.