August 25, 2008

Macro and Meme

I'm officially dubbing this week "Macro Week." I am crazy about macros right now. I have been using my 50mm lens as a makeshift macro lens ever since the Mamarazzi workshop, and I just love the slightly blurry, abstract effect it has on photos. Even the most boring, everyday things look so cool close-up.

So, here we go!

Macro:



Yummy strawberry from the local farmer's market. I love how ghostly the leaves of the strawberry look.

Meme:

I saw this on Lydia's blog awhile back and decided to play along.


Five Things Found in My Bag

1) Camera. In my backpack, I carry my point and shoot. Currently in my purse, I'm carrying my Canon Rebel. It's an addiction, I tell you.

2) Moleskine. I am a notetaker and a listmaker. (Notetaker! Listmaker! Notetaker, don't you mess around with me!) I write down ideas, things I want to try, things that are recommended to me by others, etc.

3) Flash drive. I am forever saving things on my work computer, so I use this to move them to my home computer.

4) Eleventy billion Bed, Bath, and Beyond coupons. Seriously, how much paper do they use printing these things?

5) A small copy of the Tao Te Ching. If there is one belief system that makes the most sense to me, this is it.


Five Favorite Things in My Room

Ahhh, I miss the old days of having my own room. For the purposes of this, I'm going to assume the bedroom is my room.

1) My husband, right when he wakes up in the morning. He is arguably the cutest in the morning when his hair is sticking straight up and he's radiating enough heat to warm the entire apartment.

2) Process scrapbook. I started this back when I did my internship and have kept it up since. It's basically a glorified journal/notebook.

3) Towers of books. I have all the books that I want to read stacked in various places in the bedroom. Supposedly this is not good for purposes of feng shui, but I don't care. Give me reading material or give me death!

4) My kitties! Enough said.

5) Heating pad. I'm addicted to it. I've really made a solid effort at not using it so much in recent months and so far have succeeded at it. But still, I love it.


Five Things I've Always Wanted to Do

1) Publish a book. I've published in several magazines, but I want the book (or several).

2) Travel. I have not done nearly enough of this in my life, unfortunately.

3) Buy a big, old house with hard wood floors and lots of natural light with a huge backyard. I grew up in a big house with four acres of land to run around on, and let me tell you, it's not a bad life.

4) Live in a place that feels like home. I want to live somewhere that suits me. While I'm from south Texas and now hang my hat in southern California, I know that my real home has yet to be found. I feel strongly about Portland, Oregon.

5) Make peace with my past. And by this I mean get full-on closure for things I am not likely to get it for. Yeah, it's totally unrealistic.


Five Things I Am Currently Into

1) Reading. That will never change.

2) Writing. Another thing that will never change.

3) Photography. I don't think this one will change, either.

4) Blogs. I subscribe to so many damn blogs, but I can't help it. They make me so happy.

5) TV on DVD. Hey, another thing that will never change.


In non-meme related news, I got my new driver's license in the mail today. I look like an Oompa Loompa.



Or maybe I look like a tangerine with blonde hair. It's hard to say.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Portland is perfect for you.
And you are perfect for Portland.

Anonymous said...

1) Yum! Strawberries! They're pretty and yummy making them the almost perfect fruit.
2) The bed bath & beyond coupons: I don't get it either. What's weird for me is that I never seem to have one with me when I'm AT BB&B!
3) Portland. Very cool city. Check out some of my flickr photos of P-town. Amazing gardens and Powell's bookstore(!!). Plus you're close to Seattle, which is totally awesome. :)

Anonymous said...

Omba Lompa??

Your THAT orange looking in the poicture??.....poor thing...LOL

DL pictures are SOOO not flattering....

and I second weemo too.....Portland is an awesome place for you.....:)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely LOVE the strawberry photo!

Anonymous said...

I need to see this oompa picture.