July 10, 2007

4 Days: Zen Bride

Today was my last day of work. I managed to address everything work-related that was pending and make sure my desk was clean. I hate leaving for even a short period of time and coming back to a messy area.

I got our programs, bookmarks, and annoucements in the mail today. Everything turned out beautifully. Tonight Mandy and I tied all the programs to the fans, and then once I got home, I addressed and stamped all the announcements. It felt good accomplishing things, though there is still more to be done.

I have finally reached the point where I don't feel very stressed. Someone described it to me like this: this whole time, I've been building momentum, and now I'm riding it out, and it will carry me through the wedding day. I certainly hope so, but at the same time, I hope to be fully present all day long.

Our apartment is a mess, and Roy isn't feeling well, so I'm up early tomorrow to clean before picking up my family from the airport. Here's my to-do list for tomorrow, in no particular order:

Pick up family
Buy flowers for centerpieces
Clean apartment
Shop for honeymoon
Pack
Buy more picture frames
Balance checkbook
Get more or less organized
Pay bills
Make signs
Pick up my new glasses
Make place cards
Prepare my little speech/toast
Make info packets for family and bridal party
Wrap bridal party and parent gifts and write out cards

Okay, so I probably won't get all that done tomorrow, but I do think it's doable. I will have people helping, so that will help me out a bunch. But yeah, it definitely helps that I feel calm.

No comments: