October 9, 2009

Fat and Sassy Roly-Poly

The other day I was walking Charlie in his stroller and some guy we passed asked how old Charlie was and then proceeded to delightedly exclaim, "Man, he is fat and sassy!"

I tried to be offended but truthfully I just thought it was hilarious.

But you know, Charlie is a little on the chunky side. (Which, you know, only makes him cuter.) Yesterday I did a little photo shoot with him to celebrate his being four months old now. His cloth-diapered butt and his chubby thighs are so big that he has a hard time fitting in his bumbo chair when he's wearing anything other than just a onesie. I wanted some photos of him sitting up, though, so I propped him up against the back of the chair. And this is what happened.










I couldn't help but laugh. Hard.

And when I turned him over, I didn't feel any guilt for laughing, because this is what I saw.



One fat and sassy, but happy, roly-poly.

(Big props to my friend Becki for handing down this sweater to Charlie. I'm a sucker for argyle, and it matches his quilt perfectly.)

16 comments:

inflammatory writ said...

Holy shit. I just GUFFAWED. He is too adorable. His fatness makes him even cuter!

Growing Up Cameron said...

I think that's the first time he saw his own feet! hehe

Chunkers are the best. <3

Yahpee said...

BEST POST EVER! I cackled!

Becki said...

Fat and sassy is the way to be! I love me some chunky babies.

amber said...

I'm cracking up! LOVE IT!

Btw, just an aside, my brother was a fat and sassy roly poly, too. He hit something like 9 or 10 months and still wasn't crawling. My mom took him in, scared that there was some sort of developmental issue and the doctor flat out told her "P, he's developmentally fine. He is just so big, it's hard for him to support himself to crawl." Oops! Needless to say, aside from still be called by his nickname, "the little round faced kid", he's perfectly healthy 26 yo man today. Just keep it in mind in case Charlie isn't an early crawler or walker. ;)

weezermonkey said...

Hysterical.

Kimberly said...

omg. He is SO cute. I love the photo series! Just perfect!

sherthebear said...

love the action shots!! He is the best!! Adorable fat and sassy

Unknown said...

A totally stylish little dude!

Unknown said...

OMG, love it! It's like a flip book!

Nanette said...

OMG! I was laughing so hard that Brent and my mom wanted to know what was going on. So I showed them the post and now they're all cracking up. Hi-la-ri-ous!

Angie Eats Peace said...

Sassy? What the heck, people say wierd things. Too funny.

Erika said...

I read this after that last post that made me cry and now I'm laughing thru tears....what a crack up.

Your posts always make me feel like I'm Bi-Polar or something....LOL

phairhead said...

they don't make bumbos big enough for chubby baby legs

alyssa said...

This is perhaps the cutest baby photo shoot I've ever seen! Charlie's cheeks are too cute!!!!! You must frame this series of pictures to show the rolling over motion! So adorable!!!!!

Amanda said...

That was the funniest post ever. I loved it! Thanks for the laugh! And babies should be chunky! He is just too much cuteness!