Kari was nice enough to bestow upon me the Beautiful Blogger Award. Thanks, Kari!
I'm supposed to share seven random things about myself. Here goes...
1) I sometimes read old posts of mine and am horrified by how awful the writing is. I consider myself to be a decent writer, but apparently I'm not always.
2) I am making a bucket list, or a life list if you prefer. It's surprisingly hard to do. But it's also really motivating to write down your dreams. I'm a firm believer in the act of writing things down, because once it's there, it's real, it's concrete, and it's time to do something about it. I will share when I'm done. I've been at it for quite awhile now.
3) Out of all the five senses, my sense of smell is the strongest. You'd think it'd be vision, right? But nope, my nose knows.
4) Despite #3, I am a complete and total mouthbreather. Always have been. I don't really know why, but it's hard for me to breathe through my nose. And I'm stuffy a lot. I'm sure I have some undiagnosed allergies that I should probably get checked out, but I'm afraid that I'll find out I'm allergic to cats. Which would totally break my heart because I love my kitties, even though they are the biggest pains in the ass.
5) I have a razor-sharp long term memory. I was once in the Nutcracker when I was twelve, and I still remember most of the choreography. And yet I can't find my phone. Or my iPod. Or my keys. And I sure as hell can't remember if I paid the gas bill. No, really. I can't find my phone or my iPod or my keys. And I really can't remember if I paid that bill. I'm not saying those things to be funny. It's truuuuuuuuuuuuue.
6) Roy bought a box of 36 Reese's peanut butter cups (two in a package, so 72 total) on Thursday when I got a real case of the crazies. Guess how many packages are left? ONE. Guess how much I care? Not at all.
7) I am drawn to tragedy. Honestly, I'm not sure why I continue to torture myself by reading such sad stories. I guess it's good to be reminded of our fragility, but seriously. When it comes to really young kids like Layla and Hunter, I don't need to be reminded. It is so completely unfair for these children to be so sick and for their parents to have to watch them die. I hate it. And yet I keep reading. And I offer my words of support when they need them most. I think you should do the same. Because both of these children are soon going to pass away, and you know their parents are heartbroken. Click on the links. Show them some love.
So those are my seven random things. And I don't normally give awards to people because I don't want anyone to feel left out. But I would like to say a rousing thank you for your support. You guys are amazing. You're all beautiful bloggers to me! Even if you don't blog. And if you don't blog, why? Better get on it. I'm waiting!