August 24, 2010

Quite Contrary

Okay, fine. I have tried to write this post about five or six times now and each time it's a no go. So fuck it, I'm going to say what I mean and post it already.

I've been doing a lot of soul searching, and I have decided not to stop blogging after all. I know, I know - could I be any more of an attention whore? One thing worth noting, though: this blog as it has been written for however long is done. I honestly just can't do the blogging-as-journal/blogging-as-therapy anymore. I've put so much work and time and energy into doing that and it's just not bringing me much happiness.

I've decided to experiment with making this blog into a virtual/digital scrapbook of sorts. I plan on sharing snippets of my life and other things but the bulk of my emotional landscape will go back into journaling and poetry. These are two forms of writing that I have really let go of in the past 5+ years (since I met Roy), and both are something I always meant to get back to. Both of those have an authenticity to them that (for me) blogging doesn't.

I'm not sure what else to say about this. Of course, I could offer paragraphs upon paragraphs of self-analysis and personal history and all that other annoying stuff I like to do, but instead I'll just say that I'm glad that I made this decision, it feels like the right one, and I look forward to continuing my blogging adventure with all of you.

8 comments:

Sara said...

Oh leslie, how I heart you and wish you lived closer to me!!

weezermonkey said...

YAY!

Cynthia said...

I'm so glad you are going to continue blogging :)

Lydia said...

Yay! :)

alejna said...

Good! I'm glad.

One of the things I love about blogging is the flexibility of it. If you have a blog, it is your space, to do with it what you want. And if what you want changes, your blog can change.

Amanda said...

YAY!!

Kimberly said...

Happy you are staying. :) I love hearing about you and your adventures! Also- have you ever tried making your blog into a book? There is online soft ware you can do this... I have always wanted to try with my blog!

amber said...

Glad to hear you're staying around the blogosphere, in whatever form it takes. :)