September 19, 2009

30 Days of Happiness, Day 25: Photographic Reflections + Double Trouble

My friend Cynthia is pregnant with twin girls!

This morning I met her and her husband for a little maternity shoot. It had been a long, long time since I'd done a formal shoot. The last time I did any photography for anyone else was when I was really, really pregnant. Since Charlie's birth I've become a lazy photographer. I've kind of sacrificed quality just for getting the shot of what he's doing in any moment. As a result, I feel pretty rusty at photography - not that I was any kind of expert to begin with. (That's something I'd like to change, though.)

So anyway, Cynthia and Jose had a long, long road to pregnancy, and I know they are both ecstatic to be expecting twin girls. And I am so excited for them!

I'm just sharing one photo for now, because to be honest, I'm not happy with most of them - but I also haven't really gone through them carefully yet. It's a good thing they are friends of mine and will understand if I need to do a do-over session (which I've had to do before). Oftentimes I have so many good ideas and a real vision for what I want the shoot to be, but it's pretty difficult to make the vision into a reality. Know what I mean?



I do like this photo... but let's face it, I don't have the skills that I want to have. Must work on that.

The good news is being out and shooting again makes me super happy. I love being behind the camera even if the finished product isn't perfect. And to me, that's what it's all about - doing what makes you happy, even if it doesn't come out "right."

Hope you're enjoying your weekends. Roy isn't feeling well, but all the same, he let me have a nap when I got home from the shoot this morning. So I'm feeling awake! This is a good thing. It's especially good because in my sleep-deprived fog this morning, I packed both of my cameras and a back-up battery for one of them, but forgot to load the newly charged batteries into the cameras. It's a good thing that I had a back-up battery for my back-up camera - otherwise, the shoot would have been a no-go.

Now if we can just get Roy feeling better, then everything will be great.

1 comment:

amber said...

I'm glad you're getting back behind the camera - that has to feel good. :)