November 3, 2009

The Art of Buying Jeans

Does this happen to you?

You go to find a new pair of jeans, try on several pairs, find one pair that fits, buy them, take them home, wear them, and then find yourself not completely in love with them?

This happens to me all. the. time. It is so hard for me to find jeans that fit just perfectly. I haven't yet found a brand that always does the job. Instead, I find myself with jeans that are just meh. I've had several pairs of jeans that I absolutely loved, but I've never been able to master the art of purposefully finding them. It always seems accidental when a pair of jeans fits me perfectly.

Maybe I'm rushing through the trying-on process? I'm doing something wrong, that's for sure. I have about ten pairs of jeans that I am currently not wearing as proof.

So help me out here. How do you try on jeans? Are you always successful with your jeans purchases? What brand of jeans do you normally wear?

Thanks for indulging me.

8 comments:

tootie said...

This is the story of my life. In the past couple months, I've bought 2 pairs of jeans. I thought they looked fine in the dressing room, but at home they're barely so-so.

If you find the secret of jeans-buying, please share with me! I'm in desperate need of jeans help, too.

Growing Up Cameron said...

I don't know the secret, but a friend of mine swears by Silver jeans. I believe they're sold out of Macy*s.

Good luck, I hate looking/feeling meh.

Anonymous said...

dude, this happens to me all the time! no one brand fits me, it is really hit or miss. i hate jean and pants shopping so much.

i just bought a pair of jeans that looked good in the store when i tried them on with flats. but when i wore them out the next day with sneakers, the jeans bunch up in really unattractive ways around the knees and ankles. don't make this mistake! try on jeans with different kinds of shoes and heel heights, make sure they work with more than one style of shoes.

phairhead said...

maurice's has jeans that i love. being petite and a bit full of belly makes it very hard to purchase, as my grandmother would have said, "dungerees"

kim said...

My favorite jeans (that I got too far for) were from American Eagle of all places.

alyssa said...

Since I've been wearing maternity jeans, I will never go back ;) The band up to my chest prevents muffin top and they are super comfy :) But if I have to go back to wearing regular jeans, I LOVE my Lucky jeans - the Sweet N Low ones (no, they are so low that my undies show, either ;)). Love them!!

amber said...

I'm an AG Jeans Club Fit girl. I like the leg on them and since I can never find jeans that fit my bum and waist at the same time anyways, I don't mind having them nipped in at the waist.

But I hear ya on on frustrating jeans shopping can be. :(

Becki said...

I totally have this same problem. My favorites are from Old Navy, I tend to do well there since they have so many choices.