May 17, 2009

38 weeks

As of Friday I am 38 weeks pregnant.



(Sorry for the overall crappy photo.)

It was another good week. I don't sleep well at night, so I rely on taking at least one nap a day to make me feel normal. The naps haven't been as plentiful this week due to 1) my phone ringing, 2) the doorbell ringing, or 3) the cats being annoying. But overall I am feeling much more rested. I hope to keep this up until Charlie's born.

I saw my OB for my weekly check up. I was surprised to hear that I'd gained three pounds in a week! But my total weight gain is still good: 26 pounds. I guess I am a little concerned because at this point my personal weight gain should be pretty slow, but I am also much less active since I'm on maternity leave now. My blood pressure was awesome. He gave me another internal exam (which was pretty painful) to see if I've progressed at all, and nope, I haven't. I still am not at all dilated, and Charlie hasn't even dropped. So it looks like we're in this for the long haul. I think the chances are really good that we're going to end up with a June baby. I am fine with waiting. My mom is not flying in until my due date (May 29), and it would be nice if she could be here for his birth.

All of my baby to do's are pretty much done. I have a few things left to do, like washing and putting away some recent gifts (and writing thank you notes for said gifts); finishing sterilizing his bottles, pacifiers, and my pump parts; contacting the pediatrician and letting him know we are indeed going to be using him as Charlie's doctor; attending a La Leche League meeting; and finishing the nursery (which is so close to being completed). I still have some paperwork to read through and some research to do, but really, we are ready. The house is going to be deep cleaned this coming week so it'll be all nice and relatively germ-free for Charlie's and my mom's arrivals.

I have some personal to do's that I'd like to get done before he comes. Mainly I just want everything in the house to have a place so that I don't feel like we're walking into chaos when we get home from the hospital. I also have some things to do in regards to my thesis proposal. And there are other random things, but those can (and may have to) wait.

I actually didn't get a lot done this week. Instead I spent a lot of time just enjoying being alone and reflecting on what's to come. I've been meeting up with my friends when they are available because 1) I don't get to see them enough in the first place, and 2) I want to see them all one last time before Charlie is born. I'd be lying if I said I'm not scared about the changes affecting my friendships, but I also know that change is part of life.

I've been trying to soak in more of Roy, too - or our marriage as it is right now, I should say. The other night we had an interesting flashback to our dating days where we spent the entire night eating nothing but junk food and just hanging out together. We had (pregnancy-friendly) cookie dough, chips and salsa, and soda for dinner. Yeah, call me a terrible mom for eating that crap, but it was terribly fun. Our entire relationship has been a wonderful experience, but again, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about how having a baby will affect it.

So that's where I'm at this week. Hopefully my baby to do's will be completed by next week's post. Until then, I'm sure to be inundating all of you with some more inane blog entries.

9 comments:

phairhead said...

and if someone were to want to purchase a gift for Charlie, where would one mail it to?

Leslie said...

^ Wow, that's very sweet. Can you email me?

leslie@bugweb.net

Becki said...

Sounds like you're ready! I think friend time and hubby time are great ideas in these last couple of weeks.

Angie Eats Peace said...

It sounds like you are really are ready. I hope you are feeling relatively well.

sherthebear said...

Sounds like you ave everything taken care of!

Leslie said...

Becki, Angelina, Sher - Yep, I truly am ready. I mean, I still am good with him taking his time, but as far as baby stuff goes, we're set. :)

cowboyboot lady said...

Enjoy another week of maternity leave!!! I hope you get some of those chores done and also enjoy your down time! :)

Leslie said...

cowboyboot lady - Thank you! I plan to. btw, I forgot to thank you for coming out of lurkdom and telling me about your blog. I've added you to my google reader. :)

amber said...

It sounds like you're in a good place with everything. :)